Why do people not understand that experiencing racism here is like being surrounded with air while on the ground. It’s a constant. It doesn’t just refer to specific incidents.. It’s not like “I was shopping and accused of stealing because of racism so I am black experiencing racism and that’s when…
getting drunk is just a way of stealing happiness from tomorrow
stay away from people who make you feel like you are hard to love
This is the most important thing I have ever read.
1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
i’d drown my thoughts in an endless sleep if only i could fall asleep but there are too many thoughts
If you can see a future without me and that doesn’t break your heart then we’re not doing what I thought we were doing here.
and I knew it was bad
when I woke up in the mornings
and the only thing I looked
forward to was going
back to bed.